Writing prompt #1 for week 3 December 28,2020

 Good Monday Morning! We are approaching the new year this week. I wish you an amazing week! 


The writing prompt for today is hidden inside the jacket...

When I walked the narrow halls of the subway, I had seen my fair share of different looking characters. I am assuming they are all from different walks of life. Many of which I am not privy to. Usually, I do not judge when I see a different looking person nor do I gawk. I just kind of go about my day and forget I had even seen those people or even walked the subway.

However, that dreary spring day was one I will remember for the rest of my life.

I say this because there was this girl I walked past who is forever etched in my memory. I had never seen anyone as forlorn and desperate as she was. There was some sort of longing in her face that was unique...

She carried her entire life in her tiny jacket. I know this because I found out in a very odd way. As she was calling for a taxi, I noticed that she left her jacket on the ground. I wasn't going to just leave it on the ground. Inside of the old and ragged jacket was a detailed diary of her life written in detailed letters..

One can only assume that she left her jacket on the ground in order to escape her reality...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021