Free write-- 1st writing prompt experiment December 22, 2020

 The writing prompt I am writing is based on a creative website I  found while looking on google for ideas. There are a million ideas out there, but sometimes having so much stuff out there can become overwhelming for your mind and creative wheels. 

The following is what I chose for today:

Write a poem about someone who you love but doesn't love you back.

I look into your eyes with love and gratitude

Because you changed my life for the better

Took my negative thoughts 

Transforming them into more positive ones

Yet you don't return the favor when you

Look into my eyes

You see friendship and caring 

But that is as far as that 

Will go

I have tried with all of my might to express 

My love

But knowing you don't feel the same

Leaves my soul empty

And my stomach feeling

Knotted with dread

I do not know what I did

For you to deny my love

But I guess you cannot 

Change someone's attractions

No matter how strongly you may

Feel about it

I have tried to get my mind to block the memories

We might have together if only you felt the same

But it just won't let go

I have cried more tears

Than you will ever know


A sad one, I know, but I felt like this is something I could write easily on a whim. I will be back tomorrow with a happier one or maybe even a short story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021