Weekly Blog Project December 14, 2020-- Writing is a fickle art.

 Hello, everyone, 

It is a new week so I decided that it is time to brush back up on my writing. Writing is a fickle art. It is very easy to get trapped in your own mind and listen to the devil when he tells you that you're not a good enough writer. It certainly discourages you from putting out material. There are so many better and more gifted writers out in the world and that becomes super intimidating. to even attempt to put something out there.

I am not sure if anyone else feels this way or if it is just me, but I am almost certain that I cannot possibly be alone in my thinking. For me, right now, it is all about getting on a schedule that I can stick to without overwhelming myself. Like many other writers, my mind is filled with ideas of projects that I would love to produce, but as soon as I think I have it in the bag and am ready to go, the negative feelings will creep back in and tell me that my writing is not good enough.

It is a difficult cycle at times that put a ton of pressure on my heart at times. I wish I could just turn it off, but unfortunately, that's not how our minds work. On the other side of the coin, there are times when I feel good and know that my writing has the potential to change lives and bring others light. 

Fortunately, right now, I am in a good place, and I believe that now is a good time to be fine-tuning and pushing my writing out into the world. I am well aware that not everyone will find my writing to be particularly good or exciting to them. However, I have decided that I am not going to let that stop me from putting out and producing content. Right now, I am currently working on my third poetry collection. It is coming along very slowly, but I am happy with the pages and work so far.  I also want to make it a goal of mine to put up a blog every week. I don't really care what type of content it is. I just want to put forth the effort and put it out there.

I am also still working on my memoir, but to be honest, I have put that on the back burner for now, and I will probably attempt to pick it up in the new year. Not sure when exactly, but it is not at the forefront of my mind right now. We will see what 2021 brings. Hopefully, it will be a much better and more productive year than 2020, but we can't predict the future. We just have to hope for the best and ride along with it the best we can. That is my hope for everyone. I hope you enjoyed my first blog for the week. Come back tomorrow for more :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021