Blog Post For December 18, 2020 A Poem about the Pandemic

It is Friday. That means that this is my final blog post for the week. I have to say that I am very proud of myself for keeping up with my postings here and my routine. I can only hope that my 5 day a week blogs will become a thing.

Until then, enjoy the poem that I wrote again on a whim.

Life Changes

It is odd how life changes

How one second is never 

The Same

How we should take nothing

For granted

Not breathing

Not thinking clearly

Because one day

Without your permission 

It could all disappear

In the face of despair

What do you do?

Do you turn around

And run

Or stand still 

And let the silence tell the story

Sometimes silence exists in order 

In order for us to collect our thoughts

This year has been full

of silence 

And full of chaos 

All at the same time

Healthy people

Falling ill in a matter of days

So ill in fact that they do not even

Remember how they got there in 

The first place

Hooked up to a breathing tube

And looking death square in the eyes

Am I going to meet God or the devil?

One never knows

That is why we should be grateful

For everything we know

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021