Where oh Where Have I been?

 I am so sorry that it has been a while. I am not sure who follows this blog anymore, but I like to make a goal to keep up with it as much as possible. Unfortunately, life gets in the way sometimes.  On November 16th, I had Baclofen pump surgery. A pump filled with the muscle relaxer baclofen was implanted in the right side of my abdomen. 

I also had a catheter that carries the medicine to my spine inserted. This may sound like a simple thing, and to be honest, that is the impression I went into this with. To be honest, it was anything but simple. To be completely honest. the recovery has been a disaster. I had the worst spinal fluid headaches of my life. The intense pain from them was making me throw up anytime I would sit up so I was bed-bound for about 8 days. Once I found out that I wasn't supposed to be having these headaches any longer, I went back to the hospital to have a procedure called a blood patch which was supposed to seal off the leaking spinal fluid and completely eliminate my headaches. I found that the procedure helped, but it was not completely getting rid of the headaches. I had to go back to the hospital to have the blood patch procedure done, 

which is extremely rare.  Apparently, I am special in that way. Fast forward to today, and I am FINALLY doing so much better! Obviously, because I am sitting up and have the strength to type this up on my laptop. It was a very long and frustrating journey that I did not want to sugarcoat. Not for sympathy but to create understanding for others who may have to go through the same thing. I am all about being completely honest about my feelings because I hid them for so many years.

Now, here we are at Christmas time. I have Christmas music on my speakers this very second. Because of the craziness of this year, it doesn't really feel like Christmas, but I guess we will take what we can get at this point. I hope everyone reading this has a great holiday season and if you have been one of those people who have been saying a prayer for me, I really appreciate you!! Until next time...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021