Weekly Blog Project--December 15, 2020-- Is Christmas REALLY here???

 It's December 15. Christmas is in ten days. That thought really scrambles my brain for some reason. If you look out of my window, the weather matches the time of year. Cloudy, gloomy, and for Louisiana, it is rather cold, especially without the sun. This crazy year is bound to blow everyone's mind when we sit back and think about how unique it was. 

The first image that comes to mind when thinking about this year is unfortunately the overloaded hospitals and sick patients hanging on for dear life. It is images of all of the discouraged people fighting for racial justice and campaigning for equal treatment. When I reflect on the social justice issues, it makes me feel ashamed and truly sad that in such a decade we are still trying to tackle this.

It is my hope that 2021 brings with it a brighter and more accepted spirit. I hope that it brings back a world that we are all accustomed to. I hope in the new year that I am able to socialize and hang out with my little friend group at some point. To be honest, all I want to do is have a few friends over to play some games and do some coloring. 

As far as the here and now, I don't think it really feels like Christmas. Sure, I have lights around my door and a tree on this very desk I am writing at, but something feels off. In a way, this feels like the longest year I have ever experienced, and in other ways, it feels like it slipped between my fingers and sped off without me in tow.

If you know me, you know that Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love the music, the sights, and the sounds. As I type this blog, I have Christmas music playing on my Bose speaker.  I bought all of my family their gifts and here they sit under my little tree. Even though my soul is not really feeling the season so to speak, I am doing my best to get into the spirit. 

I cannot wait to bid this year goodbye even though I don't expect 2021 to be better right away. I know that we will all still be wearing masks until at least the spring and maybe some time thereafter. Like everyone else, I am spent and exhausted. I am ready for the tragedy to be over. I know that we cannot just wave a magic wand and make it better, but oh how I wish we could.

I know this topic is rather controversial, but if I am allowed, I am going to choose to get the COVID vaccine.  If my doctor thinks it is safe for me, I am willing to take the chance to protect myself and others. It is absolutely amazing that the brilliant scientists and everyone else got this figured out so rapidly. As a person who is absolutely fascinated by anything medical, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during the time that they were figuring everything out and learning about the complicated process that goes into making such a product. 

I know it's early yet to be predicting results, but I personally think that this vaccine will be revolutionary and will help so many people. Maybe it will even decrease the number of people who would be severely affected by this disease. I truly believe it is the catalyst that will allow us to return to normal, slowly but surely.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021