Anything is possible. Story #2

I sit on a busy train full of noisy babies and children. I don’t mind. I know it is the kid’s nature to want to run around and be doing something constantly. Wanting to relax and try and calm myself down for the long ride ahead, I put in my earphones and put on some classical music. I figure this might help to soothe my anxiety a bit and maybe even prepare my body for a nap. I can’t remember the last time I ever had time for a nap. The idea of a nap had my heart beating hard in anticipation of the peaceful sensation that was about to overtake my body. I struggle to get comfortable. The train ride is wobbly and shaky, and the railing that supports my back is rubbing up against it. Eventually, though, I retrieve my blanket and pillow from the upper cabin and fall into a slumber. My dreams carry me back home to my posh New York apartment, where the snow fall is unrelenting. I sit cozily by the lavish fireplace under my favorite fuzzy blanket reading the latest James Patterson thriller. I must have had the day off of work because that was what I did on my days off—I took the time to catch up on my favorite novels. I worked on difficult cases tirelessly. I had grown up wanting to become a lawyer, and now that it was a reality, I worked until my wheels fell off. I was determined to win as many cases as possible. I can’t lie, the pay was also a tremendous bonus. That is how I ended up on this train. Traveling was a dream of mine, and I could never afford it until my great job afforded me the ability. The train stopped and jolted me awake when I heard the conductor announce that we had arrived in Brighton. Brighton, England was a sea side town about 50 miles outside of London. As I stepped off of the train, I marveled in the beauty of the sea and yes, the seagulls. I knew I had to watch my food carefully when I ate at the Marina later. I took some time off of my schedule to enjoy the little quaint shops and the unique treasures I found inside. The shops were colorful and like something I had never seen before. I knew that I was going to be in for an even bigger treat when I explored the seaside later. I had to go explore my hotel first though. My hotel was as elegant as the town itself. It was wooden and centuries old. It had an old-fashioned fireplace and antique furniture. Outside my window, I saw people bustling on the streets below me. It was soon to be Christmas. It was almost December, and before we know it, the lanes and shops will be adorned in beauty that reflects the joyous time of year. All of a sudden, I felt my stomach begging me to feed it. I decided I would be extra touristy and have one of the double decker buses take me down to the marina to eat the classic meal of fish and chips. (Chips are also known as fries in America) I will say I was not disappointed. The fish was crispy and delicious. The fries/chips were salty and delightful. After dinner was over, it was time for exploration on the beach. The beach was rocky, which was something I had seen before in the more Northern corners of the United States, but it was still as if I was living the dream just sitting at the edge of the water and taking in the breathless beauty around me. I decided to watch the sunset, and it did not disappoint. It was beautiful. After all, one of my favorite things to do was marvel in the beauty of nature that God has provided us with. I felt happiness swelling in my soul. Sure, I had taken this trip by myself, but I always have preferred to fly solo anyway. I was an outgoing person, but as I have grown older and learned more about life, I have learned to fully embrace my own company. It was an awesome trait. It meant that I could enjoy this trip and make the memories for myself. The fact that this was a bucket list trip proved to me that you can do anything as long as you work for it. It was not only turning out to be a great trip, but it was also serving as an excellent reflection point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021