I met you at the shoreline

I met you at the shoreline/ As the sun was going down/ and the sky was the most beautiful cotton candy pink You said you were enamored with my beauty/but I felt the same as you/ Eyes as Blue as the sky/ Hair as white as a glistening snow It had been decades/since I had met a guy I would like to get to know/ but there was something so endearing about your glow The way you would shine when I asked you about your ebb and flow/ the way you just went with life no matter what you were thrown yes you were beautifully full grown/but there was something so special about your smile/how it raidiated across the miles Smiling despite the storms/shows the relillisence of the human form/ you had just been through a rough divorce/ but you remain a force I never thought I would end up loving/the guy i sat next to on the shore/ you were once a complete stranger/but now we have been together for a year/and last night when we went to dinner/you asked me to marry you/ love overcame me and of course i said yes/and now we are in for an an adventure that will showcase life's best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021