"Hope" Inspiration Quote blog #2

The following is a poem I wrote today (November 14, 2018) for my quote blog series. “Hope Rises” The evening folds into night The silence of night Envelops the dark The crickets chirp In unison I collapse Into bed after a long Day of what feels like Hell My nerves are shot My head feels hot Like fever is running its course My body fighting against anything You can nurse I toss and turn Wonder if this day could burn Its ashes blowing in the wind Never to return If I could get to sleep I know that I could drift off into my dream Taking me somewhere filled with love And illuminating light Where the colors of the rainbow shine so vividly And bright I reluctantly open my eyes the next morning I yawn widely And grumble about returning to my reality Luckily today I do feel a little bit better The bright light from the sun peeks through My window as it rises I make my cup of warm coffee And decide to sit on my porch While I sip from my favorite mug And sit cozily in my favorite fluffy robe I sigh as I look around and see all of the beauty That surrounds me The trees are full And the shadows of the trees Are reflected on the green grass Below my feet It is true that life is not an easy feat Some days you feel like you just want to bury yourself In your covers Because you feel like you have nothing left to discover But if you really stop look and listen And let the beauty unfold You will see that life has a lot to behold There are so many stories that are left untold So remember to show the world that you’re Brave and bold And ready to tackle the new and the old

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021