Finding your Purpose

Today’s blog is a diversion from the disability series and more about life’s purpose. I feel very strongly about my life’s purpose. It is what puts a “pep in my step”. It is one of the only things that makes me rise from my bed in the mornings. It is what keeps and puts a smile on my face. I believe that we all have a unique purpose in life. We are not meant to be stragglers or nomads. We were born with the innate idea that we are here to serve a specific purpose. A purpose that ignites your soul and enhances your human experience. The reason for living, if you will. I believe my purpose is to change the attitude climate of the world. To encourage those who are having a hard time or those who have not been dealt the best hand in life. In college, I thought my purpose was to counsel people up close and personally. I have a degree in social work because I thought that what I was meant to be doing in that time in my life. I would find out soon enough that I was sorely mistaken, but at that time, that is where my heart and my focus was. So, I accomplished the goal I was set out to achieve. Once I was finished with college and went onto graduate school, it was there that I would learn that social work was not the profession for me. Even though graduate school served its purpose in teaching me that valuable lesson about my life, I still do not see studying social work as a waste of time or knowledge. I know the majority opinion would be that it was a waste of time and money if I am not going to use it or if I am not practicing it directly. If you know me well, though, you know I am a person who thinks like the rest. I am the type of person who dares to think differently, even if it doesn’t align with the most popular beliefs. Especially since I have since discovered that my true and only purpose lies in writing. I use my social work and encouraging skills each day that I write a passage. The education I received from college affords me the opportunity to spread my wealth of knowledge through the power of the written word. Writing is what makes me smile with pride. I am writing these blogs to help other people through life. I hope and pray that these pieces are effective. I hope they reveal a broader perspective to those who may need it. Feeling lost and empty is an unfortunate part of life, but it happens to the best of us when we are unsure about the direction we are supposed to be going in life. I can promise you though that once you do some serious and profound soul searching, you will be blessed to discover your purpose. Once that becomes apparent, you will feel a new sense of happiness and rejuvenation. Finding your purpose is how you will eventually reach successful levels. Of course, we would all love to reach our pinnacle. However, reaching the pinnacle is a rare level of success. Very few people tend to reach a level where they are their absolute best self and at the highest rung of success in the same instance. Although rare, it does not mean that you shouldn’t strive to reach it. We all have limits and it is important to be mindful of those as well. Don’t let them pause the process, but do not push beyond the limitations. If you push too hard, that will end up exhausting you, and if you are tired, you won’t feel or be at your best! If you feel you have not quite discovered your purpose, don’t fret! Just like everything else in life, finding out who you are and what you are meant to be takes time. From a personal standpoint, I wasn’t sure of my solid purpose until 2012! 2012 was when I put out my first self-published book of poetry. Once that was finished, I felt a sense of satisfaction that I had never felt before. I felt so proud and so fulfilled. Even since then, I have kept writing, improving each year slowly but surely. I am convinced that someday, I will be able to get rid of my rookie writing status. Right now, though, I take a sense of comfort in my identity as a beginning level writer. The more I practice, the better I will become. Being a bookworm also helps in improving my writing. I do not try to copy other’s work, but rather use it as a guideline for incentive to continue my path of writing. It is my main purpose to use my niche to encourage and uplift others. We can always use an encouraging word. If you feel refreshed or better after reading my pieces, then it means my job as a writer has been successful for that given day! There really is no better feeling than doing what it is you love! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021