5 days of poetry!!!!

I am doing some more things to just kind of shake my routine up. I am going to be writing a poem each day this week and then at the end of the week, you will see this completed project posted and linked to my blog. Monday’s piece is entitled “The Little Girl By the Sea” The little girl who lived by the sea She was sunburnt and fancy free What a joy she was to see Trashing around in the waves For days upon days Kicking through the waters Like she had been swimming well beyond her years Throwing away all her fears Watching her do this Brought me to tears Tuesday’s piece is entitled “Hurricane Winds” We are all preparing for the wild Hurricane Winds We seal down the house and board up the windows Hoping for the best Those hurricane winds can sure make a mess And are likely to increase your stress But you just must hold on tight And pray God takes care of the rest Wednesday’s piece is an oldie but a goodie. It is entitled “Redeeming Rainbow” Redeeming Rainbow As the bad thoughts play in my head What more needs to be said? I cover my eyes to hide the tears and disguise my fears but the thoughts keep coming back Bright lights fade to black The rain keeps pouring Blinding me Making it appear as if I have double vision When will this end? The black clouds have been hanging over my head for days Feels like they will never fade As I continue to dwell upon my feelings I see the clouds break and out of nowhere appears A redeeming rainbow Its colors are so surreal and so bright Finally I see some light The spectrum fills the sky I hold back as I begin to cry. As I admire the sight from afar I can only begin to wonder if there is a pot of gold at the end of the redeeming rainbow Maybe it's a sign That everything will be fine Thursday’s piece is called “Mountains in the Distance” "Mountains In The Distance" As we drove away from our country home The trees and all other surrounding farm land faded in the distance For we were on our way to embark on a remarkable adventure An adventure that requires sustainable courage, strength and compassion We are going to climb The mountains in the distance As we arrive I can feel the pressure rising As we enter our cabin I feel comfort enveloping all around The mountains are glistening with ice waiting for us to begin our fight I've always been told You're not good enough No you can't Now is my opportunity to prove many wrong I feeladrenaline surge through my body As I see the mountains in the distance We begin our climb and I am taken aback by the beauty of nature by the sheer amazement of the sight sand sounds around me. This is going to take all I have. It is a game between my mind, body, and soul and they are all battling to win this race inside my heart to get to the top of the mountains in the distance As I am walking I notice that my shoes are slipping I start to careen backwards but I will not give up Going to make it to the top of that mountain in the distance With one last push and days of hard work I finally see myself at the top. This is such an incredible experience I have overcome so much to get to this point. I am now sitting at the top of the world At the top of the mountains that are no longer in the distance The moral of this story is to never underestimate the power of anyone's strength, intelligence and courage because you never know how hard they may push to get to those mountains in the distance Friday’s piece is entitled “Surrounded by your Grace” Surrounded by your grace" The snow falls gently on the ground Creating a winter wonderland A world of white I sit beside you in the taxi You smile as I glance at you Surrounded by your grace You reach for my hand I hold yours tightly I can feel the essence of your love Surrounded by your grace The taxi arrives at our destination but instead of going straight to the hotel We decide to play in the snow Making snowballs in the middle of the street Screaming like little children as we run from each others massive snowballs Even in our most childish moments I can feel your heart in mine Surrounded by your grace We begin to get very cold We can feel our fingers wrinkle As we enter the hotel room We are surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the city Honking horns and rushing buses But even through the noise I'm surrounded by your grace We fall on to the freshly made bed We look into each others eyes and make love Two bodies, Two souls mold into one and all at once I'm surrounded by your grace We are getting married tomorrow Sharing our lives Bonding into unity I am imagining you in your tuxedo I know you will look so beautiful. Your heart speaks to me For I'm surrounded by your grace I never knew that you were sick until the day of our wedding It hurt me so badly to see you in pain To see the cancer attacking your body Yet you were still the gorgeous man I remember I am forever Surrounded by your grace Even though you're gone now I can still see your face I am surrounded by your grace You will forever remain in my heart and my mind for eternity for you were so kind You were and will remain the light of my life You were my strength and my best friend You were my everything Your love will live on for as long as I'm surrounded by your grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021