Quote blog #1

I had all of this original blog typed up in a word document, but I somehow lost it & it wouldn't copy from my word document for some odd reason. Oops. Hopefully, this technique will work better tomorrow! Anyway, I'd like to welcome you to my quote series of blogs. Each day, I will summarize what each inspirational quote means to me. As an independent writer, I will admit thaat it does have its perks. For example, you can work from home & you get to be your own boss. This means that if you're the type to stay in your pajamas each day, you can surely work while you're in them. I am definitely a routine type gal, and I don't ever go a day without getting dressed, but if remaining in your pj's is your jam, then that is one perk for you! I do enjoy not having to dress to impress and I am allowed to work with less than stylish hair if I so desire. Even though being your own boss is nice, it can be awfully easy to lose track of your tasks and postpone it to the next day or possibly even delay it for the next week. You definitely have to have extremely good time management and motivational skills. You are also responsible for plugging or selling your own work. No one else is going to do it for you so you have to work hard and make certain that your material is readable and interesting to others. I will be the first to admit that living with chronic pain conditions can slow you down. You never know how you are going to feel from one day to the next. Having pain which is askin to the flu without contracting the virus is not an excuse. It is a legitimate feeling, but that is definitely a perk that I do gain from working at home. Some days are harder than others, especially when your mental state of mind is a little off kilter. For example, my confidence is my writing did not come to me over night. Even as a teenager, I was told by teachers and associated staff that I was born to write. I honestly just blew it off becuase I didn't have the confidence level to take it to the next level & I was scared of being rejected. It wasn't until 5 years ago in 2012 that I really decided to take my niche to the next step & wrote my first poetry book with the help of the self-publishing company Blurb books. It was a set of inspirational poems entitled Overcoming the Obstacles and Renewing the Spirit. It is my hope that my readres are still encouraged by my writing. Two years later, I was feeling even more ambitious and wrote a 200 page poetry collecion similar to my first, but much more mature and collected. I had never felt so good about myself more than I did in that time span. Fast forwaard to today in 2017, and I am enjoying writing these blogs and I am working on my life story to be posted in the next couple of years. Nothing has made me feel more confident than pursuing my niche of writing. I feel like a new person & so accomplished. The secret to reaching your dreams is to believe with your whole heart that you can do anything you put your mind to. No matter what the devil inside your head says, it is just in your head. You CAN do anything as long as you put your mind to it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021