LET IT GO!

Everybody comes from something, someone, and somewhere. We may not always associate ourselves with our parents (the someone) due to estranged relationship within the family dynamic. We may be ashamed of the place we come from due to a stigma of our state’s residents. (the somewhere)Finally, if we are living and breathing creatures, we have a past. (The something). We may have regrets from our past such as poor relationship decisions or poor personal choices. As human beings, we tend to hold on to the past. It is almost like we are Guinea pigs going around and around on our “wheel”, ultimately leading to no real destination. We tend to hold grudges when the people who love us most end up hurting our feelings. The grudges then naturally halt the relationship therefore putting even more strain on those dynamics. We may be looking upon the past with a negative attitude because of bad life experiences. When I was a teenager, I was scared by many of the experiences I had in high school. Being the only student in a wheelchair and clearly different had a huge effect on me! I was teased and made fun of and was even intimidated by teachers! If you are anything like me, you are probably thinking adults should know better than to tease and intimidate kids who are not yet adults. It messes with their fragile brain chemistry and can lead to low self-esteem and depression. That is certainly what it lead to for me, and to be honest, it has left its mark on me. I am still deeply affected by the poor treatment I received from these individuals, and I know that it will never go away completely. Even though depression is and was something I struggled with for many years, I am fortunate to have had an awesome support system of both family and friends. They have never walked my exact journey so I can’t expect them to know with 100% confidence what I was going through. However, they have tried their best to understand and have offered some good tips and advice. I do have to say through the best thing I gained from looking back on my past was confidence. Thanks to a few very specific friends. I now love who I am and this has made a huge difference moving forward! Speaking of moving forward, it is virtually the only way we will ever get ourselves to move beyond the past. The main focus in life is to live in the present and treat life like the gift it is. This is not always easy, but it is the secret to getting ahead. Regrets and not so smart decisions are a part of life. They are bound to happen. After all, mistakes are the reason you are who you are today. Our imperfections are what mold us and behind every flaw, there is a lesson. It is best if we try to learn from those lessons and take what we learn and transform it back into wisdom! You’ll be grateful for what you learn as a consequence of your actions as you grow older. Life is a gift and should be treated as such! Learn to live for today BECAUSE of yesterday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021