My Oh My... How Times Change!

I was already a member of a blogging website, and I didn't even know it. Funny how things like that occur to you after such a long time period has gone by. I haven't posted on here in five years and wow, how things have changed! Needless to say, I never found it necessary to go back to school. I found my own inspiration in my existing writing skills, and I am now proud to call myself an independent writer. I independently write for the company Blurb books who has recently joined hands with Amazon.com, which will give me more leverage in terms of book sales with my up and coming projects. I have mustered up the confidence to independently publish two poetry books, though. They haven't done as well as I'd hoped, but that doesn't deter me from my goal, which is to keep 'rolling with the punches' as far as my future projects are concerned. http://www.blurb.com/user/store/SunlitShores You can find my latest books in my virtual bookstore,which I have just posted a link for. I hope that you find these books helpful and enjoyable. My goal for writing is 50% selfish and 50% selfless. Meaning that I write for myself; to give my self the feeling of satisfaction that everyone yearns for. It gives me an ego boost and makes me feel good about myself. The other 50% is for the betterment of others; I want to change the world with my writing. I want someone to look at me and tell me they're a better person because of a piece I have written. Or, that I have given them hope when their world turns opaque. I want to satisfy myself and my dreams while along the way helping others see that they're not alone. It is meticulous; it is gritty; it will make you want to bang your head up against a wall when you know what you want to express, but you cannot seem to put it on paper. There are going to be times when your work seems effortless and other days where it takes an act of congress to get it done. (and we all know how difficult it is to get congress to do ANYTHING!) You are going to question your own work in both validity and credibility; you are going to wonder if this is your best work and who will be impacted by it. It's an obstacle course of feelings, but once you have weaved your way to the end more than once, the feeling of victory becomes greater as you reach the finish line every time. To taste victory is to taste the sweetness of life. There is no sweeter feeling than accomplishment. I hate that it took me so long to realize this, but I am so glad I did. Time knows no measure when it comes to confidence, and I am proud to say that writing is my passion. It is my purpose... my reason for being. Every time I announce this, I still get a chilling sensation throughout my body. It feels so good! To me, it doesn't matter that I have not done as well with sales YET, but I have faith that someday I will. If I keep on the course of confidence, new roads will always open up for me. It is a great feeling to know this; to keep the peace in my soul and my confidence high and good things will happen. I am currently struggling a bit with writer's block, but it is quite a feat that I am working on my third poetry book. I have had to overcome so many insecure feelings to get here. It has been a never-ending battle, but I refuse to let my demons get the better of me. I am solidly working everyday to become a better person in every sense; mind, body, and soul. It is a journey unique to me, and I enjoy embracing it with each new day. Of course, I have my unique challenges daily due to my Cerebral Palsy, and try as it might (and some days, it wins), I try not to let it take over my frustrations. Living with chronic pain and physical restrictions is not easy, not by any means, but if you learn how to adapt, it becomes so much easier. There are some days when I wish I worked in an office cluttered with people, and there are other days where I am fine using my house as my office. Using my bedroom is so much easier, and I just don't have to fight with crappy transportation and my lacking resources. I am pretty comfortable and happy most of the time, but the other 10% is filled with of annoyance and the feeling of wanting to give up, even though I know deep down that I have a lot to live for. What can I say??? Other than, I'm by pure definition, human. There is so much that comes as part of the package when being human, and unfortunately, frustration comes as a part of the package. I get by, though, I'm still here. Changing the world word by word. This blog is part of my new project to help me write something each day. Not only will it hone my writing skills, but it will help me overcome writer's block, I hope. ;) There is so much more to come... You just have to stay tuned. Adios for today! See you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021