Welcome to 2020!

Welcome to the new year! It is absolutely mind-boggling to understand that I made it to this year. A year that looks and seems like it would be so far into the future. This year, in June, I turn 36 years old. 4 years from the big 40. Amazing and crazy at the same time! 40 seems so old! I know deep down that it really isn't. I am so blessed to have made it almost 36 years on the Earth!!
Quite an accomplishment, especially with the understanding that I almost ended my life at 17 years of age. I was so young and so naive. I really had no idea who I was or even worse, what I wanted.
I know lots of people enjoy making resolutions. That's not something I have done for the past two years. and resolutions are so concrete.
If we are not careful, not accomplishing resolutions can lead to a feeling of failure. Failure is not something I like to or choose to dwell on so instead of making a resolution, I made a decision to better myself each day and to try my best to write on a more consistent basis instead of doing it just periodically. We all know that to improve and keep a steady pace of writing, it is better to do so more often than not.
I wrote over 20 blogs in the last year. That's not as many as I would like so I am going to do my best to build up my blog this year. I am going to start a blogging project of sorts where I write passages and pieces based on random prompts.
It will give me practice and inspiration. I have been experiencing a bit of a block lately so the prompts will help me get back on track. So, please make sure you're following my blog if you're interested in my writing. :)
Thanks, guys! I am looking forward to a year filled with aspiration, inspiration, and success in my writings! I hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021