Free Write Post#1 Ambitious Heart


“Ambitious Heart”
You wake up in the morning
Determined and ready
To make the big jump
You are so excited
That you can feel your heart’s rapid thump
You have worked so hard
To let your courage, take over the
Drive
You get in the car and drive aimlessly
With no destination in particular
You just want to conquer the miles
Let the sun shine in your soul
Let the wind whip through your hair
And all of the sudden
You find yourself smiling
You missed the moments like this
The simplicity of it
You have been working so hard
To get out of the darkness
To make sure you are expressing yourself
In the most perfect sense
That you put the simple things
On the backburner
The Truth is though
That you appreciate the small things
You always have
That’s the nature of your
Ambitious heart
You have survived the hardest times
You have let your heart
Jump for joy
And have lived the good times
To your fullest potential
You have let your stress
Get you down
Tear you apart
To the point that you’re falling down
And pleading for air
Through the tears
At the time you can’t believe the sadness
You don’t want to think that you let
Yourself sink this low
Perhaps it means that your ambitious heart
Has failed and let you down
Or perhaps you were pushing yourself
To your limit
I am always here
Even though it seems like I am so far away
To protect and guard your ambitious heart
I hate to see you hurting and frustrated
So I feel like it is my job to nourish
Your heart with all of the love and care
It can stand
Because you never know when there is too much demand
I love you to the moon and back
And sometimes I wonder if I could ever
Love you more
But the more of your mind I explore
The more I realize just how much you have to offer.
Stand strong
Keep your head up
And make sure you never lose touch
With the fire and ambition in your heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021