First Blog of 2018...

It is 2018. This is my first personal blog in a long time, and I apologize for that. Life gets in the way sometimes, and there is nothing we can do but go along with it and hope we survive. I am also a member and contributing writer for several other live blogging sites, and that keeps me busy! With talk about blogging comes talk bout my writing! 2017 was a lovely and very successful year for my writing work. It was seen and respected by hoards of people, and of course that makes me feel wonderful! I have been working quite tirelessly to become my own advocate and write about real and raw feelings. Apparently, people thrive on honesty, which is something I have come to appreciate. I am usually the type of person who loves to show my happy and outgoing side just to give something that will uplift and remind others that they, too, are special and have a place in this huge and finite world. While positive thoughts are all well and good, it is also very cathartic to write about your trials of darkness. Unfortunately, I have gained more issues with my chronic pain medically, and I have spent some time in the darker side of the universe. It happens. We are human. When you are open with honesty about your life, it has a way of easily connecting others and forming a bond. At the end of 2017 and more so in the beginning of this year, I joined a group on Facebook called women with Cerebral Palsy. Joining this group was a wonderful move on my part! I love bonding with other people who know exactly what I am going through! It is a nice reprieve for me. Speaking of Cerebral and my chronic pain conditions, on January 9th, I went for my first hip injection. It was a shot that was directly injected into my joint. It was a cocktail of pain killers. It was nice to not feel the pain for a while, but it has returned. I understand that the shot is not a magic wand. I do have bone on bone osteoarthritis in my hip, so I cannot expect it to just make the pain go away. It does not work that way. I will be going back to the doctor to try it again, as the weeks of relief are better than nothing and certainly better than going to the last resort route which is reconstruction surgery! To be honest, at this point, I would rather live with the pain than endure such an intense bout of surgery! We will see. This is a journey of sorts that takes a ton of patience on my part. I just must take things as they come. I have been looking forward to the fresh start of a new year for a while now. I did not decide to embark on a new year’s resolution. I just hope that this year is equally as successful or even more so than last year. Of course, it is always a goal of mine to be the best person that I can possibly be. Each day is a new opportunity to rest up and start again! I welcome and look forward to this year more than any year in recent history. I am truly in such a good place now. I am happy in a genuine way that has never been seen. I have total confidence in myself, and even better in my writing. Having so many pieces published has played a big role in my happiness and has been even more of a much-needed confidence booster! I had honestly forgotten what it was like to be truly happy because I had lost myself in all my medical and physical issues. However, now I am seeing that you can be truly happy despite all your problems! It just takes more work and effort on your part. I am living proof that it can be done! Again, I am so sorry that my personal blogging page and my authorship page has been lacking, but I have been busy with other projects and I am also working on a poetry book. I am going to try my best to get back to posting daily so keep your eyes peeled…..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021