A Poem for Domestic Violence awareness

Hello there, guys, I was up throughout the night, and this poem popped into my head. I swear I could not get it out. Of all these tears I have cried I don’t know if they will ever dry I have even listened to your dusty Blues records that we put up on the shelf I walked for miles to help you find your true Self But all the scratching and clawing Climbing and falling I don’t think it will ever be worth The suffocation No matter how hard I try I can no longer claim what is mine They say things they heal with time But I don’t know if that fits this rhyme or reason Pain is never here for just a season

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021