Barren Spirit- A poem of sorts...

 "Barren Spirits"

You searched for decades

To find the missing part

Of your life

In every nook 

And in every cranny

You searched until

Your eyes could no longer 

Look

You wanted so badly

For something to appear

To get rid of this barren spirit

That seems to sit dormant

There is nothing around me to make 

It move

The darkness has surrounded me

And has refused to relent

I have prayed for relief

But my prayers have remained unanswered

No matter how hard I plead

God does not seem to want me to succeed

The barren soul feeling just continue to bleed 

Within me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021