Having a dream never hurt anything..

As a child, I had big and ambitious dreams to be a doctor. I have always loved learning how the human body works. I find it utterly fascinating. I had one of those fake doctor's kits and used to use them on my baby dolls pretending like they were the patients. In high school, I loved the biological sciences and they were easy for me. I had my mind cemented on the whole doctor thing until I learned that it required math, and I am not good at math in any sense. Once I realized that I went onto social work and had my mind set on it all through college until a mishap in graduate school basically ruined that dream for me. Fast forward to present day and being a writer. I absolutely love the idea and the actions of being a writer. I love putting my talent on display for the rest of the world to see. I will be honest that sometimes it is a curse. It will interrupt the most amazing night's sleep with a creative idea. Once that happens, I am pretty much awake with the idea of the piece playing in my head over and over until I have the chance to get to the computer. It is really annoying, but if that is the worst part of my goals, I guess I am doing a pretty good job! I am passionate about writing and it has allowed me to become an advocate for my disability as well. In the past, I was kind of shy about opening up about living with a disability, but now, I love it and feel like educating people is a good idea since so many people are really unaware of the many different ways that CP can affect someone. I believe that every person has a unique purpose on Earth, and when God shows it off to you, you'll know!! You will be able to feel it in your bones and will see an increase in happiness and a positive attitude!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021