Why I don't need resolutions to grow

We have all been tempted by the glittery and flashy new year’s ads. They seem to promote happiness and change. They seem to give us hope for the upcoming year. Perhaps this year will be better than the previous and give us a lot more things that are promising to look forward to. We search social media curiously to see how everyone plans to change in the new year. I personally love seeing show people vow to change something to make their lives better. I find it interesting. As for me, in the past two years, I have not made any new year’s resolutions. I don’t see them as a pivotal to my life. I haven’t really needed them. I am in the greatest state I have ever been in my life. I am growing on my own by building my own brand. I have been taking it upon myself responsible for my own success. This means working very hard and moving along as I grow. I am spreading my wings and flying on my own. My path moves forward with me and my confidence moves with it. It has taken me many years and many personal pep talks to get to where I am with my self-confidence. It is not something that happens overnight. However, once you gain it, you will never want to look back in the rearview mirror to the days when your self-esteem terrorized you. I do like to think of the new year as a clean slate; it is a chance to learn from our past mistakes and begin anew. It is our chance to paint a new canvas and readjust our easels. It is a chance for us to reevaluate what kind of colors we want to use to paint our new picture. We can make the decision to just to try to be a bit more positive and keep our heads up for the beginning of a new journey. We can be more conscious of how we choose to treat others, even in the times of hardship and darkness. We can choose to show more love to those who mean the world to us and tell them that we are appreciative of all of their help to get us where we are now. Let’s be honest, we cannot do life alone. We need as much support and encouragement to keep going and to keep a full head of steam. Life is hard enough and without adequate support, it is almost impossible to navigate. Perhaps we have always appreciated them, but we have simply overlooked the fact or taken it for granted. After all, we all have flaws and sometimes, they begin to show without our approval. We can choose to eat more healthily and treat our bodies a little better. These are all great thoughts, but since we are all flawed beings trying to survive in pits of broken chaos, it is likely that a lot of our promises to ourselves will eventually be broken. If we don’t manage to accomplish what we have set aside for ourselves, this can leave us feeling like less than or a failure. So, instead of setting goals at the beginning of the year that is somewhat unattainable, I like to set daily goals instead and go from there as I check them off as accomplished. I like to set clear and concise goals that are achievable and can help me evolve daily with my writing so that I can take pride in my work. If you have an idea of how you want to live in the new year, I wish you the best of luck. Just remember that as you grow along with your mind and spirit, that is what matters most. You are going to make mistakes. Some of the resolutions you may have made probably won’t turn out like you expected them to, but don’t beat yourself up over it. Just dust yourself off and try again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021