Work hard in silence

I honestly think that quote blogs are my favorite type of entry to piece together. I especially like writing about things I can directly relate to. Over the past couple of years, I have been working really hard to hone my craft and work on perfecting it even further. I have not done this alone of course. To be perfectly honest, I think I am a much better writer now than I was just a short 5 years ago when I first published my poetry collection. Yes, the work in those books were good. Some pieces were exceptional. However, now, I find that I am getting better at writing in prose. I am working with a number of blog sites to try to zero in on this side of my talent so that I can finally graduate to writing my memoir without too much confusion and fuss. Of course, I am always excited and thrilled when a blog company picks up on one of my posts and decides to publish it. That feeling is the feeling I live for. Writing is what I was meant to do and it is certainly humbling when others find it proficient. Writing is a lonely and meticulous craft. Publishers are picky and you have to choose your words very carefully. When you are an independent writer as I am, everything is up to you! It is very important to work hard alone and then loudly celebrate all of your successes! If you work diligently, it is your right to be proud and show it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021