Poetry based on images- Blog project week of November 22, 2021 Challenge #1


Photo by Sebastian Voortman from Pexels

Hello, there,

It has been some time since I last posted on this blog, but I am happy to say that is because I have been busy working on my poetry project. I have been incredibly successful with writing lately. It is transformational, and this project is showing me that I am maturing and growing as a person and a writer. It has been a very satisfying journey. Believe it or not, writing can be very tiring, and it takes a lot of brainpower. To be completely honest, I am a bit fatigued with book writing. I decided to take my self-care into my own hands and just relax and create on my blog. I decided that I am going to do poetry based on imagery. So, today is my first day taking on this sort of challenge. I will do three of them this week! I hope you enjoy them! I think I am going to start doing this when book projects have me exhausted. It's a good way to relax and not be so concerned with the precise nature of it.

Anyway, here is the first poem of the week. It is called Awakening.

Awakening

Sometimes we tend to get caught up in the bad vibes

Of the darkness that can befall us

It is meant to destroy

It is meant to break

But we must devise 

A way to continue

In the right direction

To banish all of the evil voices

And the transition to an awakening

One where we feel light

And can see the sun

Because no matter the opaque blackness

Of your current storm

The light will always resurface

And we will come to the top

Of the water 

Again even if we are struggling to breathe

Through a little thing called an awakening 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021