Writing update :) + a new poem for ya!

 It has been a bit. I have been busy putting my focus on my poetry collection. It may seem like I have forgotten about my blog, but I haven't/ I try to have a 4-day schedule that focuses on poetry only. I have decided that I am going to use Fridays to contribute to this blog so that it doesn't get left by the wayside. So, I hope you enjoy that tidbit of information from me. I am going to keep the poems that I write for this blog separate from my book project.

Today, I am going to write about faith.

"Faith"

Faith was a concept with which I was very unfamiliar

I spent so much time dancing with the devil

I had no idea what would be placed before me

When I gave up and quit listening to the devil's 

Bitter but sweet-sounding voice

He did his best to scoop me up 

And pull me into his wrath

I must admit he did a pretty good job

He toyed with me

Because he knew that I didn't know any better

But I became worn down and broken

From the constant ridicule

That seemed to loom around my head

And even in my dreams

That created darkness like I had never 

Seen the likes od before

Bewildered and scared

I started to reluctantly putter 

Towards the light where I met

God

He was so loving and accepting

Holding my hand

And gently welcoming me with

His worn hand

I had a feeling he could sense

Just how shattered I felt

He knew I had a story to tell

But He wanted to wait until I was

At least less shaken

He was very familiar with the wayward 

Path my life had taken

I wish he was mistaken

But life s what it is 

And we need to take

Life one step at a time

Or the thief known as time

Will slowly take away our mind

I will always remember this as 

The day that I took back my life 

And began to take everything

With a unique stride


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnastics... The sport that lives in my heart...

Speaking from the Belly of The Beast: A depression letter.

Peace Poetry based on images- Post #2 11-23-2021